The goal of Seaside’s Tourism Grant Program is to coordinate attraction and event development needed to ensure that Seaside can exceed visitor expectations as a destination and derive the greatest possible economic impact from visitor spending.
Priority is given to projects and events that occur during the shoulder seasons and winter months with a strong potential for creating local room nights. No more than $3,000 will be granted to projects happening between June 25 and September 15. The exception is the approximately $25,000 that City leaders have already earmarked for the annual 4th of July fireworks celebration in Seaside.
Grant funds are intended to be “seed money” or start-up funds with a limit of $5,000 for each project and a five-year limit on receiving funds based on the scope and audience of the festival, event or project.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Tourism Marketing
Application and report forms are available below. Please download all documents.
- Grant Program Overview
- Grant Application Cover Sheet
- Grant Application Form
- Mid-Term and Final Report
2018 – 2019 Seaside Tourism Grant Program Recipients:
- * Seaside Chamber of Commerce, Independence Day Fireworks Program
- Times Theatre & Public House, Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Sunset Empire Park & Recreation District, Pickleball Tournament
- Tsunami Skippers Jump Rope Team, Oregon Coast Classic
*Recognized as signature event for the City of Seaside