The goal of the tourism grant program is to coordinate attraction and event development needed to ensure that Seaside can exceed visitors’ expectations as a destination and derive the greatest possible economic impact from visitor spending. Priority will be given to projects and events that occur during the shoulder seasons and winter months with a strong potential of creating local room nights. No more than a total of $3,000 will be granted to projects happening between June 25 and September 15. The exception to that rule is the approximately $25,000 that City leaders have already earmarked for the annual 4th of July fireworks celebration. Grant funds are intended to be “seed money” or start-up funds with a limit of $5,000 granted for each project and a five year limit of receiving funds based on the scope and audience of the festival, event or project.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Tourism Marketing
Application and report forms are available below. Please download all 4 documents.
2017 – 2018 Grant Recipients:
- Seaside Chamber of Commerce, Independence Day Fireworks Program*
- Lighthouse Jazz Society, Seaside Jazz Festival, February 2018
- Seaside Downtown Development Association, Halloween Happenin’s, October 2017
- Seaside Downtown Development Association, Music Festival & Competition, January 2018
- Tsunami Skippers Jump Rope Team, Oregon Coast Classic, April 2018
- Tillamook Head Foundation, Tillamook Head Gathering, January 2018
- Sunset Empire Park & Recreation District, Paddle Boarding Tours and Rental Program, 2017-18
*Organization recognized as Signature Event for the City of Seaside