The goal of Seaside’s Tourism Grant Program is to coordinate attraction and event development needed to ensure that Seaside can exceed visitor expectations as a destination and derive the greatest possible economic impact from visitor spending.
Priority is given to projects and events that occur during the shoulder seasons and winter months with a strong potential for creating local room nights. No more than $3,000 will be granted to projects happening between June 25 and September 15. The exception is the approximately $25,000 that City leaders have already earmarked for the annual 4th of July fireworks celebration in Seaside.
Grant funds are intended to be “seed money” or start-up funds with a limit of $5,000 for each project and a five-year limit on receiving funds based on the scope and audience of the festival, event or project.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Tourism Marketing
NOTE: Grant application window is now closed. Applications were due May 8, 2020.
2020-2021 Application and report forms are available below. Please download all documents.
- Grant Program Overview
- Grant Application Cover Sheet
- Grant Application Form
- Mid-Term and Final Report
2019 – 2020 Seaside Tourism Grant Program Recipients:
- Seaside Chamber of Commerce / Independence Day Fireworks Program *
- Sunset Empire Park & Recreation District / Pickleball Tournament
- Tsunami Skippers Jump Rope Team / Oregon Coast Classic
- Seaside Downtown Development Association / Halloween Happenin’s
- Jazz Committee / Jazz Festival 2020
- Seaside Museum & Historical Society / Lewis and Clark Salt Makers
- Northwest Trail Alliance / Klootchy Creek Mountain Bike Trail System
*Recognized as signature event for the City of Seaside