The goal of Seaside’s Tourism Grant Program is to coordinate attraction and event development needed to ensure that Seaside can exceed visitor expectations as a destination and derive the greatest possible economic impact from visitor spending.
Priority is given to projects and events that occur during the shoulder seasons and winter months with a strong potential for creating local room nights. No more than $3,000 will be granted to projects happening between June 25 and September 15. The exception is the approximately $25,000 that City leaders typically earmark for the annual 4th of July fireworks celebration in Seaside.
Grant funds are intended to be “seed money” or start-up funds with a limit of $5,000 for each project and a five-year limit on receiving funds based on the scope and audience of the festival, event or project.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Tourism Marketing
Grant Application window is OPEN.
Review the current 2021-2022 Tourism Grant Program overview document. This is required reading for all applicants.
Complete the grant application form in full.
Deadline to apply for the 2021-2022 funding cycle is May 7.
2020 – 2021 Seaside Tourism Grant Program Recipients:
- Seaside Chamber of Commerce / Pouring at the Coast brewfest
- Sunset Empire Park & Recreation Foundation / Art in the Park
- Knights of Columbus / Oktoberfest
- Seaside Downtown Development Association / Halloween Happenin’s
- North Coast Land Conservancy / CoastWalk Oregon
- Seaside Museum & Historical Society / Lewis and Clark Salt Makers + Prom Photo exhibit
Grant recipients may access the required follow-up documents below: